Friday 30 June 2023

Back in the Saddle

 Neuralgia


Last night was the worst since my fall at the start of the week; I couldn't get to sleep. This was because, for the early part of the night, I was suffering from a shooting pain that covered the right-hand side of my face; at one point I was considering phoning the doctor to see if I would require another brain scan. I asked for the other one several years ago as I was concerned about my mental health, in that case, I got the all-clear.
I did some research online and decided to take a paracetamol tablet, this cleared the headache apart from my lingering pain over my right eye; this pain is caused by Neuralgia from a sports accident that blocked my sinuses when I broke my nose. The situation was made worse during the Summer of 1984 when I was in Scotland, I had to ride out to the aircraft and the ride was into a setting Fall sun that bounced the rays off the tarmac standings.

The image at the top could refer to my past medical history, or to a book I wrote years ago about a young female detective trying to calm the ghosts in her past. The book  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ghosts-of-your-past-al-place/1118414197 is the second of three I wrote about Pat Canella, I did start a fourth, but as the others did not sell I ditched the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment