Anywhere does NOT mean Anywhere

 Writing Contests based in the USA


This year, I have entered three writing contests, and have not had my entry logged in any of them, why?
The answer is simple, the contests are USA-based, and I live in the UK.
I can't say if the exclusion includes Canada and Mexico, or if this applies to other contests, but I would apply a rule. If you don't live in the country the contest is based in, don't enter.
In these cases, ANYWHERE means in anywhere in the country that organized the contest.

For this reason, I have asked my friend, Julia, in Seattle, if she wants to enter a story I entered last week?
If she agrees, I will send the story to her.
If the story gets entered, this will prove to her what I have said for months, ONLY stories with a US postcode get entered.
Should she get an email saying she copied my story, she can reply I sent her the story to enter to prove that anywhere meant anywhere in the US, not anywhere as the entry form stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ban him

Live today