Anywhere does NOT mean Anywhere

 Writing Contests based in the USA


This year, I have entered three writing contests, and have not had my entry logged in any of them, why?
The answer is simple, the contests are USA-based, and I live in the UK.
I can't say if the exclusion includes Canada and Mexico, or if this applies to other contests, but I would apply a rule. If you don't live in the country the contest is based in, don't enter.
In these cases, ANYWHERE means in anywhere in the country that organized the contest.

For this reason, I have asked my friend, Julia, in Seattle, if she wants to enter a story I entered last week?
If she agrees, I will send the story to her.
If the story gets entered, this will prove to her what I have said for months, ONLY stories with a US postcode get entered.
Should she get an email saying she copied my story, she can reply I sent her the story to enter to prove that anywhere meant anywhere in the US, not anywhere as the entry form stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A state of hearing

Thanks to Nigel Farage

Forgestriker- the collection