I have Sinned

 I Crossed the line


Last week, my friend Julia, in Seattle, pointed out the reason two of my ebooks had been blocked on a site.
The Love of the Sea  https://www.draft2digital.com/book/32521and its extended version A Sailor's Love   https://www.draft2digital.com/book/34522 are sexually explicit in sections, though not in an outrageously graphic style. 

In years past, I was offered a contract by a publisher in Miami to write for them, but I turned the offer down - I did have second thoughts about the decision for months - the reason was the remit for getting published; anything goes, but keep it legal. At the time of the offer, I had my reputation as an author to think about, something that no longer bothers me.
A friend of mine, who took up the same offer, later told me she was selling more from her blogs than the site was. I checked up about two years ago, and it is a case of "The lights are on, but nobody is home." 
The link is there, but the site has either closed or been closed.

I have no objection to writing sexual stories, so long as the sex part is part of the story, not the main storyline. I am not a prude, I find it difficult to write sex stories, even though I had one published as long ago as 1972.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world