Why do I enjoy Indian films from the past?

  Less like Musicals


The main reason I enjoy older films from India is that they are more story-orientated than modern films.
The film I am watching now - Ghulami - is about a boy who leaves his home to get an education, as he is disgusted by the treatment his family, and others like them get from the landowner. 50 years on, and farmers all over the world have the same problem, this year's profits clear last year's overdraft.
Years later, he returns to lead a rebellion against the landowner. His girlfriend when he was young stayed true to him for all the time he was away, in the film the older girl is portrayed by Reena Roy, one of my favorite Bollywood actresses.
One of the other actresses, Smita Patil, died tragically young as a result of medical negligence.

Another reason for not enjoying recent films is having to avoid Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, and Salman Khan films which are little more than musicals with a weak stories. These men are not linked by family, they share a common Indian surname.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world