My style of writing

 Roman a' clef


The best way I find to describe my writing style is to say it is a mix of Roman a' clef, and the style developed by the writer Hunter S. Thompson called Gonzo journalism.

Roman a clef is a style that mixes factual events into a fictional story; Gonzo journalism is a style where the writer puts themselves as one of the characters in the story.
I have read some of Hunter's stories, and believe me, the book The Rum Diary is far superior to the film with Johnny Depp.
The book is set in Puerto Rico during the late 50s.
What the film lacks, other than the dance on the beach is more flamboyant is the tension of the journalists waiting for their break, each wondering when the paper is going to fold, and leave them jobless and with no funds to get back to the USA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world