I would class myself as a Christian Scientst

  Not the Usual Conception


Before you throw your arms in the airs, in horror, I do NOT mean this as in the usual constructs of the cult of Christian Science that spring up in 1879. 
My belief is that many things written in the Bible did happen, and in the way, they are written but they have a basis founded in science, not religion.
There are stories of a great flood in almost every religion, and writers such as Plato wrote about massive earthquakes. Like many, I believe the story of the plagues was founded on the destruction of the island of Santorini.
I have never believed Moses parted the Red Sea, for one thing, to travel that far he'd have taken his followers' days off the most advantageous route across the desert.
There are accounts as recent as the 1930s of the Reed Sea parting if the winds are fortuitous. This misnomer comes from translating Hebrew into English. The Hebrew word was rhoot meaning reed, but it got disfigured into Red.
The ten plagues were the ecological outcome of several scientific occurrences which began with the oxidation of the River Nile caused by the release of gasses from the earth's crust turning the water red.
As the sea oxidized and turned to rust, there was a lack of oxygen in the water so all the life, other than frogs who could get away died. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world