A Writer's Dilemna

  Pat Canella scenarios

I will make no apology for this set of stories not being politically correct, I wrote them for readers who enjoy crime stories set in the 1950s, times when victims had more rights, and criminals feared the law.
These days with criminal rights coming before solving a crime it appears hard to think the police once had respect from the civilians they dedicated their lives to protect.
A few years ago I watched a series from France called Braquo, this series was about a group of police officers who sought justice for the victims, even if it meant going beyond the rules of the Law. A similar series in the UK is Luther.
This short story - https://www.thalia.de/shop/home/artikeldetails/A1035350367 - was praised for its authenticity by a former police officer I used to know who lives in Queensland.
While I wrote the third story in the set - Haunted by her past - the story was so intense that it gave me bad nights for weeks, and I knew what was happening.
I did plan to do another series featuring one of the characters in the series, but again, the short story never sold and I dropped the plan and moved on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world