A Scientific Certainty

 A New Ice Age Approaches

Several months ago, my friend, Julia, in Seattle, asked if I'd considered writing an eco-thriller as I had earned a good rep for science fiction?
At the time, I hadn't, nor did I have any plans to write such a story; I did think of a scenario later, but it became too convoluted to follow through.
It is my view this planet is heading for another Ice Age. It has nothing to do with what we are doing, only the things the planet is doing are going to cause the effect. 
Firstly, the planet spins on an off-centered axis which from time to time changes the content of the polar ice caps. Another thing to consider is that below the surface is a molten mass that swishes around like chocolate in a mixer.
The greatest risk to our planet is under the city of Herculaneum -     https://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.com/2023/02/sitting-on-bed-of-magma.html - the city sits not on a magma chamber, but a series of six interlinked chambers. If these explode, the explosion will turn Italy into a series of islands, greatly change the Mediterranean coastline, and probably rival Krakatoa and Santorini for explosive power and destruction.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world