A Force for Destruction

 Nuclear War




It has been my belief that the world will not be involved in a nuclear war, unlike the followers of Jeremy Corbyn who see Russia as a threat to world peace; I never have since my days in the Royal Air Force in the 80s.
If any country starts a war that nobody wins, it will be Iraq, Syria, or Iran. After the Bikini Atoll tests it was shown that a nuclear explosion poisons everything. Victory is gained by taking over the lands of the defeated, but if that land has been poisoned you gain nothing. Then, there is also the high risk that your fallout could kill your people when the wind changes.
The most likely people to start a war of this nature is a country with nothing to lose, and only wishes to destroy - ISIS.
The arms race is a case of not wanting to be seen as weak by being left out; India won't sign the peace treaty as they fear Pakistan will attack, and that is the case for all eight countries with Nuclear Power who have not signed.
Since first Chornobyl, then the meltdown in Japan; Russia has scrapped nuclear development. Belgium and Germany are closing their reactors, yet France is building more.
My fear is the risk of another accident, especially as there were four accidents in the USA involving nuclear waste last month.

There is NO SAFE way to dispose of the waste created by nuclear reactors. Most of the elements used will last longer than the life of the planet.
Years ago, when I listened to the shortwave band; I heard a report of a train crash near Kyiv between two trains carrying nuclear waste, this was the basis of my short story ICQ Kyiv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world