Being an award winner

Makes no difference unless it is a major award


When I was a regular blogger with a larger following, much larger than now, I was in contact with several award-winning writers; I was one 13 years ago. That shows how long I have been writing as the book above was not the first I published.

The one thing we agreed on is unless you win a major award you may as well not bother. 
I have said a lot about the contest I lost due to site hacking   https://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.com/2023/02/the-day-bubbles-burst.html over the years. The one thing I haven't mentioned is what happened to my friends who did win.
Brian, who won the contest, got a couple of requests for work to be put in an anthology. Yezall, who came second, got an offer of work from a publisher in Miami, but told me they are so bad she was selling more herself.
Sometimes later, out of the blue, I got an offer from the same site as Yezall, which I turned down as I was unhappy about what they were publishing; it reminded me of a lady who used to know in London; she asked me to write some stories involving violent sex for her. I am not a prude, but I was worried about how far she was going to take her request.
I have written a few erotic romances, but the sex in my stories is a part of the bigger story, not the main part, which explains my distaste for sex movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world