Writing a Summary

Beyond my ability 


I often amaze myself with the things I can do with my writing, but I know certain things are beyond my ability.

A reason I have not sent many stories to agents, apart from the vast odds against success, is that IF I got accepted by an agent, the next step is convincing a publisher my book is worthy of their investment. This would involve writing an in-depth summary. I tried this once, many years ago, and failed miserably.
I am an excellent blurb writer, an ability in which the writer has to give a few poignant pointers to the story's meaning.

A summary requires a talent for detail, something I never go into in my short story selection.
I often say I write like Mickey Spillane, not Jane Austen. This means my short stories do not get bogged down with pages of detail. If something is in my story it is there to add to the story.
When I write, I never consider the details of the characters beyond what is happening now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world