A Geography Lesson

 Hyderabad


I discovered that my knowledge of the geography of India is worse than I imagined.
I was chatting online with my friend, Julia, a few nights ago about our joint storyline, and I put my character in Goa. At the time, I was sure the city was in the North West of the state; to my shock, I found out Goa is near Kerala, in the South West.
A few weeks earlier I made another discovery, this time about the city of Hyderabad; I also thought the city was in the NW of India, but it is in the central area of the country. 
In my defense, I was thinking of the map I grew up with, which was drawn before the partition in 1947. The city is still called Hyderabad; only the one I thought about is now in Pakistan

How about this for irony, India's Prime Minister  Indira Gandhi was born in the country of her great enemy - Pakistan - she is the daughter of the man considered to be one of the founding fathers of Pakistan, Pandit Nehru.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world