Native American Heritage

 Jealousy


When I look back over the years I have been blogging, there are some gems of humor are among the hardships.
One of the funniest moments came when I was chatting to a young lady in Montana; she claimed to be related to a Cherokee princess, so naturally, we were talking about Native American topics.
I never had the opportunity to get to know her as her boyfriend/ partner butted in and told me to stop "chatting her up."

I had to laugh, we could hardly be further away, and he thought his position was under threat. Nothing was further from my mind; when I chat with a lady online, I only assume she wants to talk. What she wishes to speak about is her choice.

Some time later, I was chatting to a lady, as we got on well, we decided to meet. Things did not go well, if I had been superstitous I would have delayed the meeting, but it was Valentine's Day when she wanted to meet. We agreed to meet on the 13th, which that year was a Friday.
Almost from the start things went haywire; we'd got to know each other as we sahred an interes in the art, music, and history of Native America. Within minutes of getting to her couse, she asked me what it was like being a Shaman,
I was dumbfounded, at no time had I claimed that. I admit I have had spiritual expeiences, but so have thousands of other people. After arguing over  that for half-an-hour she played the"sick friend" card, what was I to do? If I said I'd gone to see her, it her freind, the weekend would have died then. If I agreed to let her friend come oer, he didn't live far away, I may save part of the weekend, but it didn't work out.
I had a friend who lives near Las Vegas called Leigh M. Lane; she is the author of a book called "Finding Poe."  One day, I asked if she put Native American spirituality in any of her stories, which she said she hadn;t as she didn't wish to offend people.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world