Money does not bring happiness

 I am not a Puritan.


I am not against drinking in moderation, nor am I against smoking. I don't gamble, but I used to until about 35 years ago. 
I gave up smoking for the sake of our children, and I gave up drinking alcohol after an embarrassing moment on a bus home many years ago. 
My wife and I have never been one for taking holidays, we far prefer a data out in this area as there is a lot to enjoy.

To some people, it would appear we lead a Puritanic life; we don't it's that we prefer to take care of our money; these days, with air strikes and companies leaving travelers stranded when they go bust, a holiday at home is relatively safe.
Money is not the root of my happiness; being content with your lot gains more pleasure; I have said often some of the unhappiest people I have known are those chasing money as they never appear to reach their goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world