I am not agoraphobic

 Agoraphobia


I have rarely been out of our house, on my own, in the last four years. I don't think I suffer from agoraphobia, but I don't like to feel hemmed in or trapped.
Agoraphobia is a fear of open 
spaces.
The main reason I never went out is with no car, and little money, by the time I paid for the bus fare to get somewhere I had no money to spend being on Disability Living Allowance, then PIP. PIP is short for Personal Independence Payment, another name for DLA brought about to try to convince the public that the people working in government offices are worth their pay. They closed a system which worked, and caused such a backlog of complaints they had to close some claims without a review.
Things did change last year, when my bank (Santander) changed their overdraft charges from £1 a day to a % of your overdraft; going from £30 a month to less than £10 a month made a huge change to our finances.
Now, I don't go out on my own because I am worried my ankle may collapse as my disability gets worse each day.
I have several genetic disabilities which I inherited from my mother; the most serious affects my muscles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world