Homeless

 Rain


Though I enjoy the sounds, smells of freshness of rain; I can't help but worry about the people and animals that are homeless at times like this.
I used to help a homeless young lady in Bristol when I saw her, then one day I went to town and she wasn't there.

When I was working in one the city's branch museums, I got to know a homeless man, and his story. He'd once been a successful businessman, then his company failed and his fortunes drained. The final blow was his wife left him, and he lost the will to fight on.

I know how it feels to live on the streets, as I slept on the streets of Dortmund, Germany for a night during my days in the Royal Air Force; and later on, after rows over my wife's son I slept on the streets on two occassions.
I go by the adage "There but for the grace of God go I" when I see a homeless person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world