Early attempts at publication

 Editor's Choice



My first attempt to get a short story published was on the Indies United site. My story From Elgar is about the difference WWi made to lives during the 1920's. 

The story is written as a commemoration to all the people whose lives changed during those four years of hell, not only the soldiers but those at home.

I started writing my story, but after several enforced changes I realised I wasn't writing my story, but a sanitized edition to please the editor. I think that is why I decided to self-publish my work.


In retrospect, my first choice of a publisher for my series of short stories was rather ambitious. In my defense, the house was set up to publish the works of H.P.Lovecraft, who I was told my award winning stories resemble in style. At the time, the house was run by the niece of August De'Ath.
I keep forgetting these, and my other books can be bought from the Goodreads site.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world