All Souls Day

They Shall not be Forgotten.


November 1st is the day nobody remembers; as Christians, I feel we should celebrate All Souls Day more. The day is to recall the people who died and never got buried, whether their death was caused by war or some other demise. 
I had an uncle in the RNLI who was part of the crew and was awarded a gold medal for bravery in rescuing a Polish tanker that was stranded on the sand bar near Redcar-on-Tees.

RNLI is short for Royal Lifeboat National Institution which is a charity in the UK.

I wrote the book above several years ago to commemorate my grandfather and all the people whose lives were changed after World War One. My ebook Lifeboat Heroes is a semi-fictional account of the rescue my late uncle took part in; to my family, I am a hero for being awarded the General Service Medal for serving in Ireland during the troubles, but I was never near the front, so I don't think I deserve a medal.

I was stationed at RAF Aldergrove over 20 miles from the action. The medals, in my opinion, should be awarded to the men and women who were in the fight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world