Friday 16 April 2021

Cybercrime

 Getting hacked off


Twice in the last 12 months I have had my bank account hacked by people in the Philippines. This raises the question about what happens?

Do they get the IT training, then find there is no work; or do they get the IT training to hack?

A few years ago I had to laugh when the bank contacted about a suspicious sale using my card.
It was from a man in Wigan, Greater Manchester who tried to use my account to buy some disco equipment. The funny part is I have not been to Wigan, the last time I passed through the area was back in 1988 when I got de-mobbed from the Royal Air Force.
 Even in my teens I never liked going to discos, the bright flashing lights and loud noises gave me severe headaches.

Prior to that, a person in Budapest, Hungary tried buying a meal with my details. I have never been anywhere near the area; the closest I have been would be when I went to Switzerland the year before I got married (36 years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment