Friday 12 February 2021

The life of an Indie Writer

 A decade of struggles to prove I was right


When I began the journey, I told my friends the journey would be hard and in the end pointless for the lack of funds to get my work to where it can be seen.
Now, over a decade later, I am no longer writing short stories for even these free posts on my blog get few readers, and all the "friends" I had have gone.

I used to read articles about "Indies who made it" but the question nobody asked was do you think the outlay is worth the income?
There is no need to go into details, just a quick evaluation of what was paid over the years against what has been obtained.
I can tell you, from the standpoint of this former Indie Author, my answer is NO!
In no way does the amount I paid out come anywhere close to the amount I earned.
I kept being told I am an excellent writer with a vivid imagination, and it can take ten years to get recognized, well the time came and went and here I am, still back to the beginning with no hope of my writing going anywhere but the recycle bin on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment