Wednesday 20 January 2021

eBay finds

 Operation DVD diver




One of my delights in hunting older films from India is I came across a new section, to me, of films I consider very good - some I am not a fan of - but it is impossible to like all films.
For a long time, I thought Indian movies were musical extravaganzas - some are - but most films from the 50s are good stories with a musical element. Unfortunately, for me, the trend has swung back with the rise of Shah Rukh Khan, and his namesake Salman Khan. Salman may like to consider himself the King of Bollywood, aparently if you cros him you don't work in Bollywood. As Bollywood covers about 80% of India there is little opotunity to make a successful film, as it won't get the neccessary publication. However, SK's last two films have "tanked" according the the IMDb ratings, neither got more than 3 out of 10.

I made an error last week, I thought I was buying the film Jaani Dushman, which is a horror film, according to the full title the film is another in the over-extended Nagin series; as it has some of my fave actors in I will watch it with an open mind. 
For ease of buying from eBay, I am starting a selection of multiple film box sets; the next on my list is Dilip Kumar, as I missed the Nargis Dutt set.

No comments:

Post a Comment