Saturday 23 January 2021

My Prison yard

 My life before Covid


My Prison Yard is a 2008 film from Spain about a women's prison which features several of my favorite actresses such as Candela Pena (shown here), Blanca Portillo, and Ana Waggerner.
The main character is a drug user who cannot function outside the prison envirinment, this is how I have felt in the last three years as my disability has got to the point where even a short walk is too painful for me.

My prison yard is our gardens as that is how far I can walk; some days I am worried my legs will give way as they did recently. I was fortunate, the only injury I had was a scalded right hand as I was carrying a cup of coffee when my right knee gave way.
Four years ago, I had a more serious accident when my left ankle gave way and I crashed to the kitchen floor damaging my hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment