Hedgerow Medicines

 Herbal remedies

While a lot of people may poo-poo the medicines our forefathers used, I bet the still put Witch-hazel on bruises, or use oil of cloves for tootache and teething for babies.

I am a firm believer in herbal medicines, in the days before the big pharma companies our grandparents had to find a way to ease pains without costing millions of pounds in unknown chemicals. 
I often use Garlic in my cooking, it is not only good for the heart but a great blood cleanser; last night, II found a new use for garlic it works a wonder on clearing earwax. Honey is good for a sore throat, but also good for small cuts and scrapes, 

I stopped talking half of my medicines when I found out they could be the cause of my kidney and liver illness; most of the tablets have a written warning they could damage those organs. Another thing I found out is that either soome company is using a banned colouring on tablets, or they are ditching 20-year-old stock - the criminal is a colouring called Sunshine Yellow which is liked to epileptic fits; this was listed as a banned colouring at a medical conference in Southampton as far back as 1999.
I am sure there are many more herbs and natural elements we could use instead of mass produced chemicals that we don't know the effects, and that is why the big companies are scared because natural healing cuts into their profit margin; they are not worried about you or I only how much they can make.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world