Welsh language programmes on S4C

 Before Hinterland

A couple of nights ago, I was chatting to a person at S4C; Channel 4 Wales about the gripping serial Craith featuring Sian Reece-Williams.


Before Hinterland became popular I had been watching S4C since the days when Philip Madoc was in A Mind to Kill.
When we lived in the North Bristol area I was also able to listen to BBC Radio Wales, a won several prizes from shows on the radio' now we are in South Bristol we are out of range of the BBC Radio Wales signal.
I did get a surprise when watching Hinterland, I didn't expect to see subtitles, as I don't use them for UK TV, but some of the show is in Welsh.
Whether for financial reason, or to give more interest to the viewers; I noticed that many of the shows are shot near Aberystwth. In one episode the police officers pass a disused RAF station; it is easy to miss this point as the station sign is off the road. I contacted the local tourist board and found that the station was used to test rockets during World War 2.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world