Monday 3 August 2020

If you want to be a Writer get a Degree

The first lesson I learned.

If you wish to be a writer the first step is to get a degree (it doesn't matter what subject), then publishers will take you seriously.
Without those letters, you could be the world's greatest writer but you'll have the same chance of success as an ice cube in an oven.

You don't have to be a good writer to get a contract, I know as I tried to edit a book for someone; it had so many errors to correct them I'd have to have re-written his book from page 1.
I kid you not, think of any basic writing error and it was in there, I know some writers use what they call "train of thought" which is where you type as you think, but this was a block of writing with no pauses.
It is enough to say the book passed the editors at Xlibris; they are the most inept group of scam artists I have come across. On the site Pissed Customer.com Xlibirs had over 50 pages of complaints the last time I looked which was many years ago. From half pages printed to words not fully printed, any typing/printing error and they had used it; not only that they are notorious for not paying the writers for the sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment