Wednesday 29 July 2020

Worse than Covid 19

Anthrax- the hidden menace.
One of the reasons I am not concerned over the Coronavirus is I know there is a far deadlier menace in the land of the UK.

I am not talking about ordinary anthrax which is curable and can be controlled; I am talking of a genetically mutated variant that has no cure and cannot be controlled once it is released into the air.

Back in the days of the Cold War with Russia, when there was a threat of Communism, the scientists at Porton Down worked on a virus that could kill. To this day, no antidote has been found, there are hundreds of canisters buried on disused airfields around the Coventry area, what used to be called "Little America.

They are buried deep underground, but time rots the canisters and seepage occurs, all it needs is a small quake and the cans will split. 

I know about this because in the 70's I used to read science magazines; this is not one of my science fiction stories, though I was tempted to include it, this is a hidden fact.

2 comments:

  1. Covid 19 is a disaster peoples faced too much problem I also faced some academic problem but know I'm looking for dissertation ideas for education help. I start my education know can you help me in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt there is anything available online freely, Porton Down is to the UK what Area 51 is to the USA - we know things are going on, but nobody will say for fear of causing panic.

      The incident I mentioned has been cleared up, the island was deemed fit but it took over 40 years for the poison to disperse. Which is why I know reasonably well, the next war will NOT be nuclear; if you radiate the land with elements that have a half-life of over 25,000 years, what is the point, you cannot use it. If there is another war, it will be started with a massive EMP pulse to kill communications.

      Another item which skipped under the mat, so to speak, in the late 70's Russia had a nuclear incident nr Kiev - I got this from listening to the short wave.

      If you wish for a guide, I suggest you researck Three MIle Island, Windscale (UK), and the murder of Karen Silkwood, all the afore mentioned articles are linked to the accidents concerning nuclear power.
      As a footnote, while Marine Le Pen is for expanding France's nuclear capability, as she wishes to pull out of NATO, both Belgium and Germany have started a policy of closing their reactors.
      Believe me, Chernobyl won't be the last, and sadly the worst I feel worse is on the way.
      A credo I keep in my is "if they are watching us, now watches those who warch us?"

      Delete