Sunday 26 April 2020

Carmen Maura and Pedro

I am no expert in film history.
Film critics will tell you they think Carmen Maura's best work was done with Pedro Almodovar. I am not a student of films, and have no qualifications to back my thoughts up, for me she did her best away him Pedro. 
I think it is probably because I am not a fan of Pedro's obsession with young women and his humor does nothing for me. The film at the top was directed by Carlos Saura, and is a beautifully put together story of patriotism and art.

I came to the conclusion I don't enjoy Pedro Almodovar's films because most of them are about neurotic ladies and the last thing they can classed as is comedy.
Another producer I enjoy working with Carmen Maura is Alex de la Iglesia.

800 Bullets
La Comunidad
La Comunidad is a laugh a minute comedy about a search for money in block of flats in Madrid, and the extent Ms. Maura goes to hiding the fact she has the money from the other tenants.

No comments:

Post a Comment