Ski-lift horror

Facing death.
I have come as close to death without dying as I would ever wish to get.
In the summer of 1978, I had to go on a ski-lift to see a castle in Germany. I did not want to go up on the lift as I have a fear of heights, but as my friends pointed out, there was no other way up.

For all the five minute trip I stared at the back of the people in front, and prayed, I realize thousands of people use them each day but that was no help for me.
When the lift reached the top and began its descent, I went to get off but found myself trapped on the front edge of the seat as it descended endlessly over the treetops. 
I can say I thought I'd die, with my weight on the front and the ground dropping from my feet, I was sure I was going to die. If you are wondering, NO, I didn't see my life flash before my eyes in those moments of fear, all I had on my mind was getting off the lift before my feet lost contact and I fell to my death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world