Monday 30 March 2020

Pain and Glory

Dolor y Gloria
Pain and Glory is the title of a film by Pedro Almodovar. The film is about a film producer who is looking back at the sadness and glories he has had over the years, something I can relate to with ease.

Pain
A decade struggling to get a publisher interested in my work, while I watched writers who my friends considered lesser talented than I prosper for want of two things, They live in the USA and have money to spare for publicity.
Wasting money, I couldn't spare in buying a book cover for a romance novel that never sold.
Finding out the only publishers interested in me are scam sites where I'd have to pay for publication.

Glory
My one blinding success story in my decade of struggle is the science-fiction series Forgestriker which has sold over 850 e-books in five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment