Friday 6 December 2019

No news from the hospital

Southmead Hospital
Another week has passed and still no news from Southmead Hospital, Bristol about my second biopsy. 

The way I see it is one of three things has happened.
A - The biopsy should I have cancer and the hospital is trying to find to tell me that won't scare me.
B- They found I do not have cancer and are trying to find a way to tell me that won't cause me to waste five hours and £5 for a five-minute chat.
C- Even after two biopsies and a scan they can't tell what my growth is, and they are trying to decide what action to take.

The problem is as the information is private, they are not allowed just to phone me, or send a letter they need to speak to me in person.
In the case of A & B just tell me, I can deal with the news.
In the case of C, rather than have another biopsy which is NOT painful and will entail me waiting on a comfortable bed, I would rather have another scan even if it means spending four hours laying on my back in pain. It is now eight months since I was diagnosed as having a "possible" cancer and I think the time has come to see if the growth is spreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment