The Arab World

Welcome readers in the UAE, Oman, and Qatar.

I would like to welcome my blog readers from the UAE, Oman, and Qatar to my pages.

There is a degree of irony here as these are three of the wealthiest states in the Arab world, and exist in a world I cannot imagine writing stories to appeal to the readers. I know this because while I was on the Upwork writing site, a client asked me to write a story similar to the expensive lifestyle of James Bond.

I had no idea where to start as I live in a world closer to that of struggling PI Harry Palmer, which is why one of the most significant areas of followers is in Russia.
I am more at home writing about the struggles of the people than I am in writing about the people who frequent gambling tables, speedboats, and baccarat tables.

I thought about writing a spy story that continued on from The Spy who came in from the cold.
The days of the old Russia may have passed, but the same players and style are there they have only the names of the organizations whether it is Cheka, NKVD, OGPU or KGB it is still the same team playing by the same rules as those who imprisoned 

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. If you see the film Midnight in Saint Petersburg, you will see that though the man Harry contacts in Russia is "supposedly" not a hard-line Communist, he's the same man who chased him across Russian held Berlin in an earlier time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world