I served at RAF Lossiemouth in the 1970's.


During my tenure in the Royal Air Force, I was stationed for 2 1/2 years at RAF Lossiemouth, Morayshire, Scotland.

Having served in Scotland, I am entitled to wear the RAF tartan, while I was in Scotland, I did consider the idea as there is a shop in nearby Elgin that makes the kilts.
One of the most exciting experiences I had is marching in front of a pipe band. I can understand why the Scots fight so hard, hearing the pipes behind you makes you feel strong enough to challenge any foe.
This photo is from RAF Cosford where I did my trade training, and help set up both the indoor track and the RAF Cosford museum, which is haunted by the ghost of a Lancaster crew.

Another concept I had was finding a book on clan history, as military history is an interest of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world