#FakeNews

About me.
There is a lot being said about fake news in the media, so I thought I'd add my share.

Item 1 - 
I am a bestselling science fiction writer - that is not so, it is true that my series (Forgestriker) has sold over 1,000 e-books since I launched the series, but I had to keep the price to the minimum to get the sales.

Item 2 - Being an award-winning writer gets you noticed - does it?
Not according to several writers I chatted to over the years, the only award that matters is the Booker Prize - I won an award over a decade ago but it did nothing to help me sell the book (Chronicles of Mark Johnson).

Item 3 - Writing for an anthology brings sales - wrong.
I have several stories in anthologies and the only thing that has happened is the non-sale of the books has destroyed what little rep I earned as a writer.

Item 4 - Being a bestseller means I am rich and noted - wrong again.
I may have sold over 2,000 e-books over the years, but I had to charge so little to sell the books that I never made more than $1 a week, in fact, this year (2023) is so bad I have not even earned $1 a month.

Item 5 - Writer's Block - I am fortunate not to have suffered from the usual idea of writer's block. My block is I usually have many stories to write I can't decide what to write. I have read reports from writers who say that WB is an excuse for being lazy; that is such a lie. It is easy to write when you have been paid in advance and are sure you will sell your work, but to those of us who are not so fortunate, the concerns over whether writing a book is it worth it are endless. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am offended again

Welome to my world