Thursday 4 May 2017

Oy vey

All for the price of a cup of coffee

I keep asking why I should spend hours editing my short story selection of stories when none have sold other than my science fiction?

I am thinking of doing what I would never have supposed of before now, becoming a genre writer. Given a choice, I would have chosen ghost stories to write, but the style I like is not what sells as I prefer Gothic Horror, such as Cherie Priest writes, rather than the undead, not zombie, fiction which sells.

Strictly speaking, "zombie fiction" has nothing to do with zombies. Zombies are people put in a trance by a voodoo high priest. They may have risen from the grave, but they look nothing like the films depict. There is a documented case of a man who lived in the state of a zombie for over 20 years in the USA. When he came out of the trance, he had no recollection of the decades he had lived through.

My current project is two-fold as I am trying to rewrite one romance novel while adding a second story to the original plot.

It would appear the only stories that sell are my sci-fi stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment