Friday 11 November 2016

There but for the grace of God go I

Quote from the 16th Century
John Bradford's quote is my credo
I may not have the best of health but some years ago I learned to be grateful for what I have. I have always been a man of simple pleasures; I'm perfectly happy with a bag of fish and chips sitting on the dock watching the waves, I don't need a lot of money to be happy - mainly because I never had a lot money.
Years ago, before I almost died in my sleep, I learned to accept what I had and enjoy what the Lord had given me. I knew sooner or later I would end up in a wheelchair, but I was determined to fight the battle to the last and I am still fighting - ten years on.

My health is declining by the day but I apprecite that many people never lived as long as me, for what health I have I am grateful. Fighitng the battle has enabled me to visit Lac La Biche, in  Canada and return to Scarborough one last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment