Tuesday 19 April 2016

How long do you wait?

The Pendulum has swung
I waited, then waited, and waited even longer; then realized I had waited for too long for nothing to happen. The irony is what I waited for, in my heart, I knew would never come, but I lived in hope.
I had wondered what would have happened had I been offered a genuine contract, knowing that is all it was a theory - if I am honest, I have no idea what would have happened.
In 2012, when I won an award, even with the certificate in my hand it took weeks, if not months for me to accept I had earned the award.

One thing did happen to me, I became more anxious about my writing, though readers wrote telling me I was getting better with each story; I couldn't help feeling more was expected of me now I had won the award, as the adage says "The higher you climb, the harder the fall."
The non-payment of my royalties from Draft2Digital is no longer a mystery to me; the owner of D2D has added Mark Croker, the owner of Smashwords, a site known for not paying its writers, to his crew.
With handing out books to FREE LENDING sites it is no wonder I have not been paid in almost three months, and I doubt I will again.

2 comments:

  1. Something about D2D just reeks of shady, to me. I think I’ll stick with just KDP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update, it is now 7 months since my last payment.

      Delete