Monday 7 December 2015

Life at the top

Being a bestseller and an award-winner

Did winning the award change me?
Yes, I changed a great deal. After the award, I became more insecure and concerned about the quality of my work, until this month.

Winning the award meant little for the book, as in the three years since the award it has only sold one copy - so much for its value to the readers. 


Bestseller
To some of my writing colleagues, I am classed as a bestseller, the term is relative in that I sold more than some of them - I am far from making any large amount of money from writing. This is one reason for my change in attitude  https://hereiamattheedge.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/on-line-writing-jobs/.

With one high-profile book selling in a forty-nine book selection on three sales platforms, I would hardly say that I'm a #bestseller.


3 comments:

  1. Punctuation?
    To some of my writing colleagues, I am classed as a bestseller, the term is relative in that I sold more than some of them - I am far from making any large amount of money from writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://youtu.be/fk0XF6D0xFc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by the date of the post, I'd say about four years b4 I used Grammarly.

      Delete