Saturday, 28 November 2015

Is writing dead?

An alternate reality 

With the advancement of the sciences, I wonder if the art of writing a good story has died. 

My idea may appear a radical concept coming from somebody who is considered a  #BestSelling #SciFi writer among his friends. But I have my reasons to query the future of the art of writing. 

While there may be an endless multitude of books on shelves but in my opinion most of these are written by writers lacking any imagination, and just jumping on the new trends - whether it was 2012, the Mayan calendar, Twilight or 50 Shades of Grey

I admit, I missed out on the chance to milk the trends, but my writing is more cerebral than the pap which is produced today - probably this is the reason the market at Barnes & Noble took to my sci-fi so much.

In my view, I think books will die off sooner, rather than later. I may be considered a bestseller, but I only made $100 in 18 months, hardly worth my time writing, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment