Wednesday 18 November 2015

Before the rush

What a change!
Two months ago, the sales ran at 9 out of 10 days of the month; I had a sale. This month, it's almost down to one-a-week. 

This month is my worst on Barnes & Noble - including Jan 2013 when I joined. That month, I sold as many as I have this month, and I was only on site for three days.

Christmas
 The holiday period makes no change to my sales figures, even if I put e-books for free, as I did last year. I did that to see if the free books would induce sale; my sales continued to slump until March - there goes that fallacy - giving presents to get sales. 

Another fallacy is that a lot of blog reads could mean interest in the books - don't believe it - my award-winning e-book Chronicles of Mark Johnson was all over the internet for months and never sold.


 I had the same reaction to my erotic love story A Sailor's Love - months before its release people were saying they wanted copies - so many lies, I don't take any notice anymore. I don't believe there are any genuine buyers.
If there some genuine buyers, please accept my apologies. It's that after four years of lies - mainly from Canadians - I find it hard to believe anyone wants my work; especially when only one book out of thirty-seven has sold in any quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment