Saturday 17 October 2015

Who next?

Perceptions







My change in style

Ghost stories 
 In the days when I wrote my early ghost stories, my work was likened by friends to the stories of Edgar Allan Poe, M.R. James, and Sheridan Lefanu. I consider this a great honor, as I admire their work very much. 

Pat Canella 
 My first e-book that went on sale is said to be in the hard-boiled style of Mickey Spillane by a former police officer from Queensland

Chronicles of Mark Johnson 
 My award-winning e-book is compared to the works of H.P. Lovecraft. I have to admit before I had stories likened to his; I had not heard of him, but I can see the likeness in my stories. 

Gonzo journalism 
 My later works have are said to be in the style of stories written by Hunter S. Thompson. Gonzo journalism is a style of first-person writing, where the writer of the article puts himself/herself in the story while reporting the story.

My ideas
 For my part, I don't try to fall into a style. I write how I feel the story should flow - it is a great honor to be compared to these writers - but, I never intended to follow any style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment