Monday 26 October 2015

US comedy

Drop Dead Diva
Anyone who has known me for even a short time will tell you - I love most US comedy shows. 

M.A.S.H.
One of my favourites is M.A.S.H. I was devasted when the series ended its 11-year run. 

My taste covers a broad range of the smart humour of Frasier - set in one of my favourite cities - Seattle, to the redneck humour of Jeff Foxworthy.  From the medical jokes of Scrubs to the craziness of Reba

One of my new favourites is the law-based humour of Drop Dead Diva. I didn't think I would like this show; I don't like many lawyers type shows - CSI fan, not Law & Order - but the show quickly grew on me, despite being a chicklit theme. 

Try as I might, there are two shows I couldn't get on with, one is Cheers, and the other is 30 Rock. I think the reason is that the main character is so pushy and obnoxious. In the 30 Rock, the lead is a coloured stand-up comedian. I have nothing against coloured people; I like the humour of Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor. I think it's a cultural problem for me. While the street-wise rap will go well in the USA, I find it gets on my nerves - not to mention I don't find the character at all funny.

I don't know if it's the roles or the person, but I don't like anything Ted Danson does. I'm not looking forward to him being in CSI - perhaps, it's a good thing my favourite show has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment