Tuesday 27 October 2015

I am a good writer

Time to accept a reality 

 Many people - not only my friends - have told me that I am a good writer. 

The time has come for me to accept this fact, more than anything the factor that had me unconvinced - and to an extent it still does - is the fact that despite the mass sales for my e-book Forgestriker; the series  http://hereiamattheedge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/forgestriker-collection.html#.Vi9utlXtmko as a whole didn't sell well. Despite the restricted sales for the series, Sons of Baal and Forgestriker must be good reading as they have not stopped selling in almost two years.

Chronicles of Mark Johnson
It is true, I did win an award - three years ago - for the opening book in the Mark Johnson series. My pain is that neither this book or its sequel sold. 

Ghost stories 
 One of the things that changed my mind is this month my ghost stories have started to sell. One thing that always stopped me believing I was a good writer was the lack of variety in my sales market. 

Ghosts of your past
 I think the time has come for me to put the ghosts of my past behind me, and accept my future path. So, Chronicles and A Sailors' Love failed to sell - I won't deny the pain that caused - ASL took over 14 months to write. I can't let the pain of loss deny the growth of future progress; I did that in 2012, and it took all this time to get back my belief. 

Hindsight
 The contest in which I beat my harshest critic lead to many things. At the time, I didn't realise fully the reasons for her action, with hindsight the truth became clear. Not only was the lady concerned that I am a better writer than her, she was worried I would outshine her. Surely, the sign of a good teacher is for their pupil to transcend their learning; by this we achieve progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment