Thursday 16 January 2014

Checkov for a coffee

A great storyteller


My dream was to be considered the same as the Russian writer Anton Checkov. Out of interest, I bought a book of his short stories, which changed my mind about him.
I read half of the stories in the book, and out of a dozen, I enjoyed only three stories.
In comparison, I have read several stories from the selections by Alexandr Solzynethsin and enjoyed most of them. Also in my collection of books is a selection from another short story teller from Russia - Alexander Pushkin.
As always, if I get to read my Pushkin book, I will view it impartially.

I have had many complaints about the quality/ length of my books; my response is what do you expect for less than the price of half a cup of coffee - Pushkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment