Thursday, 27 June 2013

Through the tears

Through the tears

It's 5:04 am (UK time) and I am still awake for the second of many nights to come. What is keeping me awake?

The thrill of my best serial episode yet- No, I plant to go out on a high note.

The hopes of winning the contest which ends this weekend - No, because I realise the chances are low.

The contract I hope to get - No, that isn't going to happen.

The promise of a sale for book 2 of Chronicles - Good laugh that one.

So what is keeping me awake theses nights?

I cannot sleep because when I close my eyes, I see Bandit's face as he visits the vet, fortunately he does not realise what is going on or does he?
I see the face of his owner as she takes him on the final trip knowing her lovely dog will be killed and she cannot stop it.
If you think I am being dramatic for effect, I HAVE been in her position and I DO know the pain she feels, there is nothing worse than having to put the life of a loved one in the hands of strangers and yet this lady had no choice.

Tonight, I cannot sleep and probably won't for weeks. Every time I close my eyes I will see Bandit's face and recall the needle which took his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment