Tuesday 27 November 2012

Escalaphobia got banned

It is Understandable




Every day millions of people all over the globe use them. They are on the move constantly most days, so we have no idea how many miles one does in a day. People get on and off, laughing and joking texting each other as they travel up and down floors, with no care in the world.

Yet to a small minority, escalators are a real phobia - I know - I am one of the unfortunate people. I only found out a few years ago, I was at the top of some stairs, and when I looked down I couldn't see the division of the steps. All I saw was a line of moving ridges; I get the same feeling on some sets of stairs if they have metal grids in them.

I can understand why this short story got banned on one site; the ending is gruesome, but the ending is not my intention but a version of an event that happened in Tokyo, Japan several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment