Sunday 21 October 2012

Shall I write about Singapore next?

A Challenge

I sometimes challenge myself to see how far I can extend myself as a writer; unlike some writers I used to have contact with I have no comfort zone.
I have a few areas I will not venture into, though with no reputation to be concerned over these barriers, I could consider dropping.
One area I have not tried yet is the glamourous arena of the rich, I haven't done this because I cannot relate to the story I may do. I often write my stories are more like Harry Palmer than James Bond

Several years ago, my blog had a massive readership in all places, including the United Arab Emirates, this is an area I would have thought is as far from my world as you can be; I can add to the list of unusual places for a large readership this month includes Singapore.
When I view my writing over the years, I don't think I had a "comfort zone," I wished to be seen as a writer, not a genre writer.
If anything was consistent with my writing, it is that you need to expect the unexpected from my stories.
The last challenge I set myself was to write a romance story which I completed two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment