Thursday 11 October 2012

Operation Download

Unauthorized Copies


If you read my blog, you come to the inevitable conclusion I enjoy watching foreign films a lot more than watching UK TV.
This concept brings with it a multitude of problems; mainly there are few DVDs available with subtitles - especially from Mexico and Scandinavia - Netflix is great for watching, but if I wish to buy some of the films from India I like I need to download them as I have found it almost impossible to buy them. 

I wish sellers on eBay would specify in the ad for the film if it has subtitles, it only takes a few seconds to add to the advert, and saves the buyer asking the same question several times.

Another reason for me downloading instead of buying the DVDs I wish for is some people charge way too much, in my opinion, for their products. The perfect examples are the Hinge and Bracket sets I would love to buy. The early sets are good value, but the later sets are way over-priced to be considered. Season 3 is £35 for the set (1 DVD), and Season 4 is £45 for the set (1 DVD). 
For one disc, I would pay up to £15, and for £40 pounds I would be happy to pay for 2 discs; these are not the worst case though. I was checking a film I wanted, it is the prequel to one I bought several months ago. The film is from India, and 20 years old; the only copy for sale is being sold at £40.

A SUCCESS
This afternoon, I was able to download the first part of the two-part thriller I wanted.

1 comment: