Tuesday 1 August 2023

Why I do NOT contact US Publishers

 I am a UK-based Writer


The sun has set on this writer

My friend in Seattle, sends me links to contests, and various writing sites in the USA, all of which I ignore, why?

I learned years ago, as soon as a US-based site reads the email was sent from the UK, they don't do anything; they won't even send a polite refusal email.

When my award- winning ebook came out, I sent copies in hope to several publishers in the USA. This cost me a fortune; they would only accept hard-copies which meant I had to buy a printer, paper, and inks. When I had printed the story, I had to pay $10.00 in postage per package ( I sent four packages), for what?

The most I got was two good reviews from a lady in New York, not that they helped. For all I know, the publishers could have turned the work over to one of their writers, taken my name off, and sold it under in the name of another author.

As I said in my post, "Anywhere doesn't mean anywhere." Anywhere means anywhere in the country that opened the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment