Wednesday 19 July 2023

No wonder Self-Publishing is taking over

 One of the few


No wonder pubilshers are struggling, and self-publishing is thriving.
I am changing my room today, and I came across one of the few geuine offers I got from a publisher.

Five years ago, the publisher wanted over £200,000 for publishing the book above. It is available on Amazon, in both ebook format and paperback under this title.
I changed the title to "A Homecoming" as it has a more reader-friendly sound, under this title it is available online in ebook format on several sites. 
In the years since I got the offer, the book in either form, has not sold a copy a year.

Unless, you can guarantee sales in the quatities of Stephen King. Clive Cussler, Anne Rice, or Cassandra Clare not many writers can afford to those publishing fees.


No comments:

Post a Comment