Thursday 1 November 2012

Patti to leave

When I started with Patti 10 months ago. I know it wasn't going to be an earner as a writer. All I hoped for was maybe $1 or $2  a month. In this time I learned that you can't beat zombies, trash sex and Mayan calendars.

What I hope would be a good read for the public has turned out to be an abject failure, with 2 sales since May and the last two books not selling at all- lesson learned. If you want to sell jump on a trend and milk it dry.

The surprising things were the success of HOLDING RICHMOND at the height of the Twilight craze and the continuing sales in the UK for NERJA, a book I thought would do well in the USA as it deals with frozen lakes and native beliefs.

Among my new work I plan to do a futuristic allegoric story of our time. Looking back to now from a future time.

No comments:

Post a Comment